Using data from www.syrianshuhada.com (translated: Syrian Martyrs) I’ve crunched some very depressing, disgusting and heartbreaking facts on Bashar Al Assad’s campaign against children in the Syrian Revolution.
The first child to be killed by Bashar Al Assad was Ibtisam Al Musalama on March 23rd, 2011. She was 11 years old and sitting on her balcony when she was shot by snipers.
183 children have been murdered by Bashar Al Assad so far, this is since the start of the revolution in March of this year:
- On average, 1 child is murdered a day in Syria
- 1 out of 20 protesters killed in Syria is a Child.
- Yara Al Fares was the youngest at only 1 month old.
- The average age of the murdered children is 12 years old.
- 33 girls and 150 boys have been murdered.
- The average age of the 33 murdered girls is 7.5 years old.
- 11 od the 183 murdered children were 1 year old or younger
- 1 out of 16 children killed in Syria is below the age of 1